Friday, April 18, 2014

The love of Christ and planting seeds!

If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” you do well; (James 2:8 NKJV)



In 2010, I had the privilage of visiting Gentle Shepard Home for a second time.  I met a worker named Joyce and she had a baby that she would bring with her to work.  My Heavenly Father gives me so many opportunities to befriend anyone I meet, and so by the help of an interpretor I befriended my sister Joyce.  She had been asking me to take her little baby Theresa home with me to America and care for her, I didn't understand why; until I asked why.  She told me that Theresa was her 6th child and her husband would beat her to have sex, and she knew that she would have a hard time caring for now all six children.  My heart broke for her and her children, I prayed with her and told her I could not take her child.  Throughout the rest of my time at GSH, I was able to encourage her and love her and Theresa, and then I left to go back to America.  I have returned by God's grace after the almost four years; and Joyce doesn't work at GSH anymore but she does visit.  She has visited a few times since I have been here and she now is on birthcontrol after having her 7th child.  She is living a different kind of life now.  She sent her son-Samwel and daughter-Theresa to see me and give me a massive Papaya.  (as shown in the picture)  I am more than blessed to have held such a precious little girl that has a very humble spirit.  They came to see me in their sundays best clothes.  I know that God has been working in Joyce's life and changing her daily.  I do pray that she can plant seeds in others lives as well.  I just thought this would be a good update for everyone to enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment