Friday, March 14, 2014

One week and a few days!

One week and a few days!

Bwana Sifiway! (Praise The Lord!)

It has been a very special week, and as my sister Sondra put it; "She was made for this!"

I Choose to Wait Upon The Lord!
This scripture has been on my heart lately:
But those who wait on the Lord Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint. (Isaiah 40:31 NKJV)



Today I woke up to rain, it rained till noon. I slept very well due to the rain, the sound of the rain. Since Sunday, I have been remembering many Kiswahili words and being able to speak to Mamma Elizabeth. She keeps telling me to learn and I am learning more everyday. I told her I will know before I leave the end of April to return to Nairobi.

I have started reading a very sweet and encouraging book called "Kisses from Katie."  
An excerpt from the book hits very close to home for me:
   Slowly but surely I began to realize the truth: I had loved and admired and worshiped Jesus without doing what He said. This recognition didn't happen overnight; in fact I believe it was happening in my heart long before I even knew it. It was happening as I explored the possibility of overseas volunteer work, it was happening as I took my first three-week trip to Uganda, it was happening as I fell in love with a beautiful country full of gracious, joyful people and immense poverty and squalor that begged me to do more. It was happening in so many ways, and I couldn't deny it. I wanted to actually do what Jesus said to do. 
  So I quit my life.
  Originally, my quitting was to be temporary, lasting just one year before I went to college and returned to normal, American teenager life. But after that year, which I spent in Uganda, returning to 
"normal" wasn't possible. I had seen what life was about and I could not pretend I didn't know. So I quit my life again, and for good this time. I quit college, I quit cute designer clothes, and my little yellow convertable; I quit my boyfriend. I no longer have all the things the world says are important. I do not have a retirement fund; I do not even have electricity some days. But I have everything I know is important. I have a joy and a peace that are unimaginable and can come only from a place better than this earth. I cannot fathom being happier. Jesus wrecked my life, shattered it to pieces, and put it back together more beautifully.

I am looking forward to teaching the children of GSH how to make some jewelry on Saturdays while I am here, this teaching will start tomorrow. Some will make bracelets and some will make necklaces.  I am also really looking forward to worship on Sunday at GSF. All of this is possible because I am trusting and waiting on my Heavenly Father. Thankful and great full are many words that are on my mind a lot lately, for all of you that have loved and cared for me as well as been praying. "Asante Sana!" I pray you are well, and please leave comments on the blog that I can see!
Mungu Akubariki! May God bless you all!

1 comment:

  1. Hey sista! I'm overjoyed for you as you wait on papa God to tell you each next step! Thanks for keeping us up to date on your adventures!

    ReplyDelete